Pupils at Dyce Primary School were evacuated this morning after smoke was detected in the building’s Green unit.
Three Scottish Fire and Rescue appliances were called out to the school at 9:20 am, a spokesperson said:
“There wasn’t flames anywhere, just smoke as something had been on fire and smoke had travelled through the building.”
Parents were informed via the school’s group-text service at 10:15 am, it said:
“Due to an electrical fault in the green unit, smoke was detected and the Fire brigade attended.
“All children were evacuated safely to Dyce Academy. Until the fault is fixed we are sending all children from the Green unit home. The fire brigade has isolated the fault and all children are safe.”
The green unit houses the pupils in primary 2 through to primary 4 – all of these children have now been sent home until further notice.
A school spokesperson said: “We have no electricity in the green unit at all, so we are having to send all the children home. We don’t know when they will be allowed back in.”
For more information phone the school office on : 01224 772220